Coaster Power Lift Recliner-Brown SugarAs Mom aged, it became increasingly difficult for her arthritic knees to get her out of her favorite recliner, that is, until we found her a new favorite recliner – her power lift chair.
What Is A Power Lift Chair?
A power lift chair or power lift recliner is just like a regular chair but it has an electric lift mechanism under it so, with just the push of a button, the chair slowly lifts the sitter into a standing position. To sit down, your elderly loved one only needs to stand in front of the chair and let it do all the work. This makes it much easier for your senior citizen friend to get into or out of the chair. And, even though my Mom’s fingers had arthritis, she had no problem operating her lift chair, up or down.
A lift chair also reclines with the push of a button. All lift recliners have a foot rest that comes out when the chair is in the reclined position, making it the perfect spot for a mid-morning nap. Speaking of which, I suggest getting a few seat protectors to place on the recliner seat in case of accidents.
Some lift chairs have wheels that lock into position. This makes it very easy to move the chair and the inhabitant to another location, if needed.
Note: if you don’t want to spring for one of these lift chairs, here’s a low tech option – lift cushions.
Specifics About The Coaster Power Lift Recliner
Here’s what the manufacturer and reviewers have to say about this particular recliner:
- Unlike some other lift recliners, the Coaster power lift chair model has an infinite amount of positions. Some other lift chairs have just 3 positions (upright, partial recline, and full recline). I like the fact that your senior citizen loved one can make minute adjustments to his or her position with the touch of the button.
- This chair does have the wheels that lock into position.
- Lift chair has a side pocket for the remote, a TV remote and a magazine, if desired.
- Remote requires batteries.
- Chair ‘assembly’ is simple – just slide the back into the seat and, voila, instant lift recliner.
Why Buy A Lift Chair From Amazon?
Well, one reason I turned to Amazon for my Mom’s early Christmas present in 2011 was that there’s no sales tax in my state for items purchased off the internet (your mileage may vary on this one as some states now have tax). Also shipping was free. All together, that was a savings of around $300 from buying it in a store here in my home town.
Here’s a few other highly rated lift chairs on Amazon.com:
Invincible Pow’r Lift Full Lay-Out Chaise Recliner Color: CabernetWayne 3-Position Reclining Power Lift Chair (Chocolate)Wayne 3-Position Reclining Power Lift Chair – Chestnut VinylMega Motion Lift Chair Easy Comfort Recliner LC-200 3 Position Rising Electric Power Chaise Lounger (Chocolate)Pride LC105 Electric Recliner Lift Chair