Litter-Robot III Open-Air – Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter BoxThe Litter Robot Self-Cleaning Litter Box Makes It Easier For Your Senior Citizen Friend To Keep Their Cat
For those of us pet lovers, it is unimaginable to think of aging without the companion of a cat or a dog.
But, as we age, it becomes more difficult to do some of the tasks associated with owning a pet.
Scooping dog poop or cat litter really becomes a chore. Arthritic hands may have a problem handling a kitty litter scooper. And, stooping down to do the chore?
Forget about it.
Wouldn’t it be much easier to just forget about the task of dealing with kitty litter? Period?
And, let’s not forget the hygiene issue where an elderly loved one just might forget to wash their hands after doing this – well – nasty task.
The Litter Robot that you see there above will make your senior citizen friend a happy cat owner.
This automatic kitty litter cleaner works by sifting the kitty litter each time the cat uses it – waste is dumped into a carbon-filtered receptacle that yes, does need to be emptied but not very often. There’s even a ‘drawer full’ indicator so that one will know exactly when to empty the used kitty litter from the container.
Benefits Of A Litter Robot Self-Cleaning Litter Box
- You will never smell a cat in your elderly loved one’s house. The constant sifting of used kitty litter keeps the litter box fresh and ready for the next use.
- No need to scoop litter once a day, twice a day, or, really at all. The Litter Robot does the dirty work for you.
- For persnickety cats, the difference between a clean litter box and a dirty litter box is eliminating in the right place or eliminating in the middle of your bed.
- Works perfectly for multi-cat households
- If there’s a dog in the house, there is no more worrying about Fido having a few midnight snacks on used kitty litter as the refuse is stored in a separate container.
- The Litter Robot uses much less kitty litter than a traditional litter box. By sifting thoroughly and removing only the used litter, your elderly loved one will save money constantly replenishing kitty litter.
Any clumping litter will work with the Litter-Robot self-cleaning litter box. And, standard grocery bags can be used to line the refuse box. Users of the Litter Robot though suggest that ProForce 10 gallon commercial can liners fit the box perfectly.
The Litter Robot motor does make a bit of noise as it runs and sanitizes the litter box. But, the manufacturer has thoughtfully included a sleep mode so it can be programmed to turn off during sleeping hours. This is very helpful, particularly if the litter box is in a bedroom.
Disclaimer: The Litter-Robot is expensive. But, when the choice is to have to re-home an elderly loved one’s cat or buy this wonderful device that may just allow kitty to remain with his owner? Hands down, the Litter Robot wins.
Clumping Kitty Litter
These three clumping kitty litters score high ratings on Amazon.com.